|My client is a full service electrical and mechanical company and an industry leader in commercial, industrial and institutional projects throughout the lower mainland. They are a growing company and engaging in a variety of high profile projects in Vancouver anywhere from smaller/midsize to larger in scope. Currently, my client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Foreman within their Vancouver office. As an Electrical Foreman, you will assist them on electrical activities in the construction and start up of all building systems for major projects. Duties will include design coordination, reviewing all electrical trades, quality control, sub trade coordination, submittals and shop drawings, change order management and commission and building occupancy.The Electrical Foreman also provides technical expertise and supervision of a crew(s) in their efforts to achieve departmental objectives.
The person appointed in this position will have extensive experience in the trade. They will have at least 5 - 10 years of experience as an Electrical Foreman working for an electrical contractor. Experience working on large commercial and institutional projects would be a ideal.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, components, products, and systems.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Maintain control of project expenditures to avoid cost overruns.
- Work closely with Engineers and other Contractors.
- Supervision of employees and contractors to maintain control of project schedules and costs,
- Conducts field investigations and prepares reports for problems or issues.
- Works with management and other key stakeholders to assure work meets business needs, applicable codes and standards of quality.
- Budget and Forecasting.
Experience and Qualifications:
∑ Applicants must have a Journeyman Ticket and/or Bachelorís Degree in Electrical Engineering.
∑ Able to handle a large amount of work efficiently and effectively.
∑ Adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and sudden or frequent changes in priority in order to accomplish objectives.
∑ Ensure that work accomplished is accurate in all relevant aspects.
∑ Acquire and retain knowledge / understanding through study, instruction or experience,
∑ Coordinate the activities of persons over whom the incumbent may have no direct authority; attention and energy are focused on bringing various activities together to meet timetable(s).
∑ Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Local and/or Canadian experience required
My client is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates are welcome to apply by submitting their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call (604) 836 - 2672. My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience.