|My client, a large Commercial Landscaping firm in the Lower Mainland, is currently seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join their Vancouver team. Reporting to the President, and working in the field, the purpose of the Operations Manager is to direct, organize, control, and coordinate all activities related to commercial landscaping projects and their respective project teams while ensuring business goals and objectives are met or exceeded. As part of the senior management team, the Operations Manager will be responsible for reaching targets, resolving key issues, and developing & maintaining overall operational excellence. The Operations Manager will:
· Establish an annual business plan with the President and the Executive team to identify objectives for: revenue & profitability, staffing & equipment levels, employee training & development, and business development.
· Act as a liaison between the client, jobsite foremen, upper management, sub-trades, and labour crews, ensuring strict deadlines are met.
· Cultivate & maintain client and consultant relationships.
· Develop & implement operating methods and procedures designed to improve job site productivity and quality workmanship.
· Develop, monitor, and maintain key performance indicators utilizing reporting, documentation, and records to achieve excellent operational performance.
· Monitor & analyze weekly job costs and discuss findings with the Foremen.
· Advance & maintain reporting process for Foremen on daily production to identify potential productivity problems and realize strategic solutions.
· Review weekly production status with Foremen and resolve any operational, human resources, and technical problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays. Attend daily team meeting to establish status reports.
· Review & approve monthly progress reports and invoicing.
· Coach, mentor, motivate, & manage performance of direct reports including consistent performance feedback, periodic performance reviews, and implement development plans.
· Champion & manage a safety culture, and ensure compliance to safety standards & safe work practice for all commercial staff.
The ideal candidate will:
· Advocate & enforce company values and foster a positive company culture.
· Possess strong project, organizational, time, and change management skills.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment, while maintaining high standards of operational excellence.
· Possess the ability to read and clearly understand landscape blueprints/drawings.
· Proficiency in analysis, business comprehension, market and industry knowledge and logistical skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrating influence, diplomacy, and business acumen.
· Work efficiently under pressure, with the ability to lead a team to complete time sensitive goals.
· Exhibit entrepreneurial spirit and manage with integrity at all times.
· 10+ years of related construction operation experience.
· Exceptional understanding and knowledge of landscape construction and horticultural industry.
· Intermediate to advance Microsoft Office skills.
This position pays according to experience, with a competitive range $65,000 - $70,000+excellent benefits
and incentives (company truck, gas card, etc...) For immediate consideration please call Abby Rubin
(604) 836 - 2672 and email resume to abby@abbyrubin as an attachment in Word.