|My client, an emerging leader in the international clean technology Industry, is currently seeking a dynamic Marketing Coordinator to work in their Downtown Vancouver office. This role will report to the Director of Marketing Communications, and will be responsible for providing Administrative support to the Director and other departments including Sales, Marketing, and Public Relations. Specific marketing and communications duties will include, desktop publishing of marketing and promotional materials, working with corporate communications and public relations initiatives, and evaluating research to support ongoing strategies to market the company’s innovative technologies and products. The Marketing Coordinator, under the supervision of the Director will specifically be required to provide support in the following areas:
- Editing and occasionally creating marketing materials for sales and marketing departments (i.e./ corporate brochures, power point presentations, trade show creative, promotional support materials);
- Writing and editing public relations materials (news releases, backgrounders, Q&A’s); within the parameters set up by the Director.
- Monitoring the success of marketing and public relations strategies to support sales of the Company’s innovative technology and products.
- Managing public relations opportunities in traditional and social media.
- Liaising with advertising / public relations agencies to coordinate marketing initiatives, as directed.
- Researching, analyzing and managing data to implement and evaluate public relations and marketing initiatives.
- Formatting and editing proposals, presentations and marketing materials to ensure brand integrity;
- Coordinating special events for market launches; and organizing company participation in trade shows.
- Ongoing management of the company websites, creating sales sheets, special event planning, and overseeing of events. Travel mat be required.
Required qualifications and competencies include:
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in Corporate Communications, Marketing or Public Relations
- Strong writing skills specific to Marketing and Public Relations (news releases etc.) would be an asset.
- Excellent prioritization skills and an eagerness to take on responsibility wherever needed.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team. Must follow directions well.
- Proficiency in Desktop publishing software and all MS office programs, including PowerPoint and preferably Adobe In Design
- Strong written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task job duties, prioritize and adhere to deadlines
- Experience with social media and website design is an asset
This position is a high-profile corporate role that is finger-linked with all other professional departments in the company. It requires an energetic, dynamic individual who is interested in working for a “green” company esteemed as one of the leading environmental technologies in the world. This is not a position for an “in the box” thinker, as the industry is quickly evolving. Must be detail oriented, with strong time management skills, and the personality to “go with the flow” and get along with a variety of personality types. This person must be resourceful and have the ability to work independently. If something needs to be done, the Marketing Coordinator must have the initiative and foresight to determine the most effective way to achieve the desired outcome, and “just, do it!” The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for follow through of special event planning, project management, and all other duties as required by the Director of Marketing Communications. Ideally, a background including post secondary education or a University Degree, and specific experience with website maintenance and social media will be included among the candidate’s qualifications. This position will pay between $40,000 - $45,000 with a generous benefit and stock options program. For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Please note that I appreciate everyone who took the time to respond to this posting, and would like to extend a thank you in advance for your efforts, but only those best suited to this role will be contacted for an interview.