My client is an internationally recognized private clean technology company seeking a Marketing & Communications Professional to work in their Corporate Communications Department in their Downtown Vancouver office. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Corporate Communications, and support sales, marketing, online and public relations programs. The candidate will be responsible for a variety of marketing/communications activities including desktop publishing marketing and promotional materials, writing for corporate communication and public relations initiatives and research to evaluate and support ongoing strategies to market the company’s innovative technologies and products. Responsibilities include:
- Creating marketing materials for sales and marketing departments (i.e./ corporate brochures, power point presentations, trade show creative, promotional support materials);
- Writing and editing public relations materials (news releases, backgrounders, Q&A’s);
- Managing the implementation and monitoring the success of marketing and public relations strategies to support sales of the Company’s innovative technology and products;
- Managing opportunity radar for public relations opportunities in traditional and social media;
- Liaising with advertising / public relations agencies to coordinate marketing initiatives;
- Researching, analyzing and managing data to implement and evaluate public relations and marketing initiatives;
- Formatting and editing proposals, presentations and marketing materials to ensure brand integrity;
- Coordinating special events for market launches; and,
- Ongoing management of company websites.
Required qualifications and competencies include:
- Minimum 4-5 years of previous experience in Corporate Communications, Marketing or Public Relations
- Strong writing skills specific to Public Relations (news releases etc.)
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and keen interest in public relations and marketing
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Advanced proficiency in Desktop publishing software and all MS office programs, specifically PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign
- Strong written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task job duties, prioritize and adhere to deadlines
- Experience with social media and website design an asset
This position is a high-profile corporate role that is finger-linked with all other professional departments in the company. It requires an energetic, dynamic individual who is interested in working for a “green” company esteemed as one of the leading environmental technologies in the world. This is not a position for an “in the box” thinker, as the industry is quickly evolving. This position will pay between $45,000 - $60,000 with a generous benefit and stock options program. For immediate consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that I appreciate everyone who took the time to respond to this posting, and would like to extend a thank you in advance for your efforts, but only those best suited to this role will be contacted for an interview.