Senior Graphic & Web Designer
My Client, a Junior Resource, Exploration, company is currently seeking a Senior Graphic & Web Designer for their Downtown Vancouver office. This firm has a strong team of geological staff who are very experienced and renowned in the mining industry, plus the company is well capitalized and financed and is growing fast. There is a lot of room for growth in this role, and this is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, think outside of the box person who would like the opportunity to make this position their own. Salary range is $55,000 - $60,000 + stock option incentive + benefits + room for career advancement. For immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604) 836 – 2672 a resume is mandatory; please send it to me BEFORE calling. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to take projects to the next level while ensuring that they meets the needs of an Internal Department request. The applicant must be experienced and proficient in CS4 on a Macintosh platform and must have a natural eye for detail and quality design (a portfolio will be required to show previous work and design). Applicants can expect the job role to be broken down but not limited to the following: printed material creation (InDesign & Illustrator experience for booklet layouts, brochures, business cards, etc.), Web graphic design (Photoshop, Flash, you should know when to use each and be fully proficient in each!), Creating mock-ups and assets for a variety of interactive based medium solutions, e.g. web pages, booklet covers, presentations etc, Web design that will be attractive to the target user, have a logical navigation system and layout. Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in all of the above, however, a “Top Notch” portfolio (with proven software skills) may reduce this experience requirement.
Secondary experience to include standard HTML/PHP/CSS:
1) Make CSS compliant pages from a mock-up you have designed, that has been approved.
2) Modify simple elements on a php driven site, e.g. includes etc.
3) Modify simple elements in java script code.
4) Hard code HTML/XHTML (100% capability required). Use of Div tags and/or tables as required.
5) Minimum of 2 years experience in all of the above – no exceptions.
A few other notes about this position:
1) This is not a position for people with a 9 to 5 mentality
2) No room for hot-shots and egos
3) Must be able to take constructive criticism
4) If applicants don’t have the above qualifications – DON’T APPLY